Opinions on Music, Culture and the goings on at our music company

Opinions on Music, Culture and the goings on at our music company, Blister Records.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cakewalk Rules!

Yrgal paid me a great compliment...

He said "I dare anyone to create electronic drums as well as you can, they can’t for sure"

Thx buddy!

Anyway..It made me think. They're good because there is almost no limit to what I can create using Blister's 10 year old software, Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. I only use 5% of what this software can do and I am able to do everything a "real-world" mixer can do and lots of stuff that is completely impossible to do using hardware. You can work on sound on any level. From an entire song, with it's multitude of parts and nuances, right down to a single sample, 1/44100 of a second, with full digital capability (and ALL that that implies). Add another great program, Soundforge, as a plug-in, and it's almost like we have no excuse for not winning a Grammy.

Besides Bob and I, Cakewalk is the biggest part of our operation. It's amazing! Someday we will buy a current copy just so we can toss them some $ like they deserve.

3 comments:

  1. BTW We did buy the version we use, I have the original cd and case with serials,
    Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea....Bob is what I call Yrgal...cuz it makes no sense....

    ReplyDelete